Friday, December 29, 2006

US Senator John Edwards

Having learned from his 2004 vice presidential race with Senator John Kerry that "you just can't talk about problems in America you have to take action..........." (paraphrasing from his comments on CNN on December 28th) former US Senator John Edwards announced yesterday via CNN that he is seeking the presidential nomination for the Democratic Party in 2008. What? Senator Edwards had to run for president/then vice president with Kerry in 2004 just to realize you have to "take action on problems not just talk about them..............." ?? I learned this lesson at age 11 when my father encouraged me to get a job to pay for summer camp -- clearly I do not need Edwards to be my president.

So what about Mr. Edwards' spouse, Elizabeth Edwards -- who is she?

http://johnedwards.com/about/elizabeth/

The campaign's website notes that Elizabeth is a "passionate advocate for children and families" -- which children and which families I have to ask? The only thing I want her advocating for the children and family members I have is the elimination of personal income taxes but is she doing that for us? Now that would give my family a "living wage"!!!!

Quoting from the campaign's website again -- here is an overview of Elizabeth's professional career:

" Like her husband, Elizabeth has an impressive legal background. Following law school, she clerked with U.S. District Court Judge Calvitt Clarke, Jr. in Norfolk, Virginia. Later, she worked for the North Carolina Attorney General's office and then was a bankruptcy lawyer in Raleigh, North Carolina. "

If you liked Bill and Hillary Clinton -- two other lawyers -- you might enjoy having the Edwards family in the White House.

Todd

1 comment:

MR said...

I think Edwards is great but I just don't know what has changed since 2004 except that he is two years older. The more I think about the Dems in 2008, the more I think the nomination is Al Gore's to lose: he was robbed in 2000, has been consistently right on Iraq (unlike Hillary), and will not have a problem with either cash or name recognition... I wrote a story on this at www.minor-ripper.blogspot.com